Olufuko Cultural festival
This is the most celebrated cultural festival in the Republic of Namibia
(Download Olufuko Festival Magazine 14/15)
Olufuko Cultural Important Dates:
Programme: Olufuko Festival Fundraising Gala Dinner
Date: 24 July 2015
Venue: Omusati Regional Council Main Hall
Directors of Ceremonies:
Hon. Modestus Amutse
Ms. Queen Ndapewa Avula
Ms. Maria Nepembe
18h00 Arrival of all Guests and Dignitaries
18h45 Arrival of H.E Dr Sam Nujoma, Founding President and Father of the Namibian Nation and Patron of Olufuko
19h00 National and Au Anthems
19h05 Prayer by Deacon Ambrosius Shalumbu
19h10 Welcoming Remarks by: His Worship Matheus Ndeshitila
Performances by: Ondobe yOsino Cultural Club
19h20 Statement by: Tk . Chief Herman Ndilimani Iipumbu, Chief of Uukwambi Traditional Authority
Performances by: Oukwa– Wanakapa Cultural Club
19h30 Statement and Introduction of guest of Honor
by Hon. Erginus Endjala, Governor of Omusati Region
19h35 Keynote Address By: H.E Dr. Sam Nujoma, the Patron of Olufuko Festival
20h40 Vote of thanks by : OB Davids- Business man
20h50 AU and National Anthems
Departure of H.E Dr. Sam Nujoma
Festival: 24 August 2015 to 04 September 2015 (Venue: Olufuko Cultural Centre)
1. What is Olufuko?
Olufuko is a female initiation, under which girls between the age of 15-20 have to go through in order to become mature and marriageable women. It is performed by a woman called Namunganga.
.What is the main objective of Olufuko festival?
2.Among others, objectives of the festival are to:
2.1. inform, educate and entertain with the view to appreciate and enhance traditional and cultural identity.
2.2. create tourism opportunities.
2.3. enhance the purpose of unity amongst our people.
2.4. create awareness within the region through cultural, arts and agricultural activities.
2.5. preserve and promote culture and tradition.
2.6 strengthen the local and regional economy.
When is it going to take place and where?
3. From 24-31 August 2013 and it will take place at Olufuko Festival site at Outapi.
Where is Outapi Town?
4. Outapi is in Omusati Region and it is the capital and administrative centre of the region.
How can one participate?
5. Application forms to book a stand can be downloaded from here
Who is hosting the event?
6. Outapi Town Council
How do I calculate the distance between Outapi and Windhoek?
7. Please use the international distance calculator here to calculate the distances between various locations.
The distance between Outapi and Windhoek is 890KM.
There are two ways of coming to Outapi using tarred roads from the Capital City Windhoek till, you reach Outapi.
(1) You can go by road from Windhoek to Okahandja, Otjiwarongo, Outjo, Kamanjab, Omakange, Tsandi then to Outapi or
(2) You can go from Windhoek to Okahandja, Otjiwarongo, Otavi, Tsumeb, Ondangwa, Oshakati, Oshikuku to Outapi.
Where can I get more information about Outapi Town?
8. Information about Outapi can be found on its website: www.outapitc.org.na or you can download a booklet titled Outapi Town Council, Investment Ready or watch Outapi Promotional video.
Who sponsored Olufuko Festival 2012?
9. Click here for the list of sponsors
Is there any publication about Olufuko Festival?
10. There is Olufuko Festival Magazine which covers highlights of the festival and it is only printed once a year.
First National Bank Account name: Olufuko Festival
Branch Code:281673 (Outapi)
Cheque Account No: 62245297488
Other enquiries regarding Olufuko can be directed to the following persons
Contact Ms Nyeuvo Ekandjo at 065 - 251191/ 0812485193 email@example.com